1. How important is it to follow Innovo's general recommendations on product usage?
Very. Innovo's recommendations for the storage, installation and general treatment of products are drafted to ensure that the product’s quality and serviceability is met to full extent, and following these recommendation ensures that product warranty isn't void.
2. Do I really need to buy Innovo's recommended closure strips and screws for panels?
Yes. Innovo's products are a system meant to provide the best possible installation. Proper use of the complete system (panels, closure strips, fasteners, etc.) greatly reduces the possibility of problems and insures that product warranty will be honored.
3. Why do I have to pre-drill fastener holes in roofing with corrugated panels?
Pre-drilling the holes insures the panels will have room to expand and contract properly with temperature change. Skipping this step can lead to distorted or warped panels.
4. Do Innovo products keep the "heat" out?
To a certain extent. Innovo' sheets are available in a variety of colors each with its own heat and light transmission properties. While most Innovo's sheets block 100% of harmful UV radiation, there are variations in heat and light transmission. Clear sheets allow most solar light and heat through while opaque colors are more reflective.
5. How long do Innovo' sheets last?
Innovo supplies individual product warranties against most types of failures.
The life expectancy can be as much as 30 years, depending on professional installation practice and environmental factors like air pollution, winds, and erosion by sand particles.
6. How do I cut these sheets?
Easily. Innovo's sheets may be cut with either a circular saw (using a very fine blade, e.g. plywood, etc.) or a jig saw. For best results it is often better to cut a few sheets at a time to reduce vibration.
Also, if using a toothed circular saw blade, better results may be seen running the blade backwards. Sheets may also be cut by hand by carefully using tin snips or a utility knife. For further information please refer to our product manuals.
7. What should I use to clean my panels?
Warm water with a mild household detergent should be sufficient to clean Innovo's panels. Wipe off any remained dirt with a soft cloth and wash again. NEVER use a solvent based cleaner (ammonia, etc.). AVOID using sponges or brushes that can scratch the panels surface.
8. My building inspector says I need to know your flame spread rating.
Can you provide this information?
Yes. We can provide test reports and other such documents. Please contact your dealer if you require these data.
9. Do Innovo's accessories come in all of the same colors the panels do?
No. Innovo's accessories are available in some standard colors, and they may need to be specially ordered depending on your retailer.
10. Is it OK to fix screws by a power screwdriver?
Adjustable electric screwdriver is allowed, provided you set the torque to the minimal needed, in order to prevent over-tightening and local deformation of the panel.
For that reason, pneumatic tools should be avoided.
11. Is it OK to walk over roofing sheets while in storage, during or after installation?
No. In case it can’t be avoided during installation, use stepping ladders or crawling boards.